Utilize my years of development and leadership experience to build
high quality web and software products that I can be proud of while
learning new skills and being a part of team of active and intelligent
|Graphic Language, Inc.
May 2007 – April 2008
San Francisco , CA
- Implementing and maintaining high-end homebuilder client
websites in ColdFusion and PHP.
- Developing suite of products for content management, lead
management, and site traffic analysis.
- Maintaining in house servers for FTP, file sharing and wiki
- Selected Sites
|Technologies : Zend Framework,
XAMPP, MediaWiki, MS SQL Server, Google Analytics, Smarty
|Jereme Monteau Consulting
Founder and Principal Developer
October 2005 – May
- www.BankersAlliance.com – Have
worked with this mortgage broker on 3 generations of website
releases over 4 years. Static content as well as dynamic
mortgage calculators and most recently a fully dynamic mortgage
lead management system implemented on PHP, MySQL backend
with XML interface to third party mortgage software.
- www.YourMortgageGuru.net – Developed
static website with some email forms.
- www.BearpawSurf.com – Simple
but highly stylized website for local surfboard manufacturer.
- www.JeremeMonteau.com– Personal
website in operation for over 5 years. Recently completed
WordPress blogging software integration. Dreamweaver template
based site for easy sitewide changes to comment navigation
|Technologies : Dreamweaver, CSS,
Lead Software Engineer
December 1999 – October
- Designed and developed several key user interfaces for real-time
event detection server product. Included Java Swing desktop
applications as well as web application interfaces for
a variety of product modules including design studios and administration
consoles. User interface screen shots featured prominently
in marketing literature.
- Formed and managed the user interface team for several production
releases of flagship server product.
- Served as project manager for several releases and customer
- Led the internationalization and localization efforts for
graphical user interfaces and user documentation.
- Designed and implemented cross-platform installation system
using ZeroG InstallAnywhere. Fully integrated with build system
using Apache Ant.
- Helped lead deployment of server product at several customer
sites. Very comfortable working with customers and integrating
feedback into the product.
- Spearheaded implementation of formal lifecycle processes
across product management, development and testing teams. Helped
write requirements documents, functional specifications, design
and testing documents.
|Platforms : Windows, Linux, Solaris,
Development Environment : Java on Linux and
Windows, using Visual Café, JBuilder and Eclipse. Apache
Ant build system, JUnit testing framework, Bugzilla issue tracking.
Technologies : Swing, J2EE (Servlets, JSP, etc.),
WebLogic, WebSphere, Tomcat, Jetty, JBoss, Ant, JUnit
Partner and Lead Developer
October 1998 – August 1999
- Lead developer for Telemedicine software product that facilitated
the secure transfer of medical record data and real-time media
for use by medical professionals.
- Developed network communications classes in C++ based on
Microsoft MFC socket classes.
- Worked closely with MFC database classes to allow data storage
and retrieval over the internet (or any other TCP/IP connection).
- Utilized MFC development framework to build a user friendly
GUI and help system.
- Worked with MFC multimedia controls and classes to enable
the collection and storage of various multimedia elements.
- All object oriented design and implementation in C++.
|Finite Technologies Inc.
(Acquired by TelAlaska Inc.
May 1995 – August 1999
Lead developer and founding employee for a small
Internet Service Provider that serviced urban and rural locations
in the state of Alaska.
- Maintained and optimized ISP operations including Unix
based user accounts, email, HTTP and other servers. Worked
extensively with Cisco routing hardware and networking concepts.
- Developed advanced Perl scripts to automate system administration
tasks and optimize networking processes.
- Developed a suite of administration automation systems
including a web-based user account management system and
a web based credit card billing system to maximize user satisfaction
and minimize account abuse.
- Developed generic Java network server classes to enabled
cross-platform collaboration between Java applications and
- Developed JDBC utility classes to enable cross-platform
and database independent access to client data.
- Prototyped web-based client tracking system using Java
Servlet APIs (running via JRun servlet runner software on
MS IIS 3.0 ). Other prototypes included the use of Symantec’s
dbAnywhere middleware product.
- Developed web-based client tracking system in Java with
Apache web server 1.3.6 and a MSSQL 6.5 database.
- Developed a web-based end user support system for the IT
department in a medium sized telephone company (local exchange
|Providence Health Systems
June 1996 – September 1996
- Upgraded, maintained and optimized PC workstations on a 100+
- Planned and launched network software upgrades and handled
end user questions and concerns.
|Providence Health Systems
December 1994 – January 1995
- Studied and participated in the operation, maintenance
and optimization of large scale professional network software.
Languages: Java, PHP, SQL, C++, C, Perl, HTML,
Operating Systems: Prefer Windows but also comfortable
and proficient on most Unix platforms.
Development Environments : JBuilder, Dreamweaver,
Eclipse, CVS, Subversion, Ant, Struts
Software : Tomcat, Weblogic, WebSphere, Jetty,
ZeroG InstallAnywhere, Apache, MySQL, Oracle, DB2,
Rochester Institute of Technology, Rochester, NY
Work towards Bachelor of Science Degree, Computer Science
September 1996 – November 1999
- Cumulative GPA: 3.35
- Dean’s list honor for four out of six terms.
- Accepted job offer from iSpheres Corp. before completion of degree.
Computer Science I – IV
- Developed and documented small to medium size software systems in Eiffel
and C++ using object-oriented techniques.
- Discussed and examined the implementations of data structures and dynamic
storage allocation containers.
- Utilized algorithm analysis to determine efficiency trade-offs for various
- Explored the theory and practical application of the software development
- Worked in a team to develop a large scale X-Windows based personal finance
application using C++ and a C GUI library.
- Utilized development techniques such as object-oriented design, requirements
exploration, requirements specification, incremental development of components,
design quality assessment, code inspections and system testing.
- Presented the software product to a large group and composed documentation
including software requirements specifications, high and low level design
documentation, inspection reports and testing reports.
- Running – Recently
finished 6th place in Muir Woods Marathon. Currently training for
- Surfing – Mostly longboarding up at Bolinas. Extensive
travel in Central America.
- Travel – Recently spent three months driving from
Berkeley to Panama and back.
- Photography – Capturing our adventures with my trusty
(Available upon request.)